Kapila Theertham: Kapila Theertham Timings, Photos, History, Pooja & Aarti full details given below. కపిల తీర్థం, తిరుపతి.
The famous Kapila Theertham is a lord Siva temple located at Tirupati of Chittoor district. This temple is very famous since the idol of Lord Shiva situated at Kapilateertham was installed by Kapila Muni and so the Shiva Ling present here was called as Kapileswara Swamy . This temple is also called as Sri Kapileswara Swamy Temple.
Kapilatheertham is a place at the foot point of Tirumala hills and also near the Seshachalam hills.
There is a beautiful waterfalls present at Sri Kapileswara swamy Temple which can be viewed from the main road of Kapila Teertham. It flows with large capacity during rainy season and Pushkarani is also available with water through out the year.
|Name of the Article||Kapileswara swamy temple|
|Organising body||Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams|
Kapila Theertham Timings
Darsanam Timings at Kapilateertham: Temple at Kapila Teertham opens at 5:00 AM in the morning. There is continuous Sarva Darshan allowed at the temple except during Seva timings or during any festivals. Darshanam Timings at Kapila Teertham was mentioned in the below table.
Morning Darshan Timings
|Darshan Starting Time||7:00 AM|
|Darshan Closing time||12:00 Noon|
Evening Darshan Timings
|Darshan Starting time||4:30 PM|
|Darshan Closing Time||9:00 PM|
Sevas Performed at Kapila Theertham:
Different sevas are performed to Kapileswara Swamy from morning to evening. Among them, Some sevas can be viewed by devotees at temple. These sevas includes daily Sevas, Periodicaly like weekly Sevas, monthly sevas etc., Also some sevas will be performed yearly during festivals like Maha Sivaratri, Kartika Pournami etc.,
Daily Sevas performed at Kapila Theertham:
|Suprabhata Seva||5:00 AM to 5:30 AM|
|Abhishekam||5: 30 AM to 6:30- AM and also at 4:00 PM to 4:30 PM|
|Alankaram||6:30 AM to 7:00 AM|
|Sarva Darshan||7:00 AM to 4:00 PM and 4:30 PM to 9:00 PM|
|Sahasranama Archana||4:30 AM to 5:00 PM|
|Lalitha Sahasranama Archana||5:00 Pm to 5:30 PM|
|Ekantha Seva||8:00 PM to 8:15 PM|
Weekly Sevas at Kapila Theertham:
|Rudra Abhishekam||3:00 PM to 4:00 PM Monday|
|Ekantha Seva||9:00 PM to 9:15 PM Monday|
|Navagraha Abhishekam||5:30 PM to 6:30 PM Saturday|
Monthly Sevas at Kapila Theertham:
|Siva Parvathula Kalyanam||5:00 PM to 7:00 PM On Masa Siva Ratri|
|Ekadasi Rudra Abhishekam||4:30 PM to 7:30 PM On Masa SivaRatri|
Ticket Prices at Kapileswara Swamy Temple
Ticket prices at Kapileswara swamy temple: This temple is under the control of Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam (TTD). Prices are also fixed and at minimum cost for devotees to bear.
|Seva Name||Ticket Price|
|Archana or Harathi||Rs.5/-|
|Mahanyasa Purvaka Rudra Abhishekam||Rs. 300/-|
|Siva Parvathulka Kalyanam||Rs. 250/-|
|Dakshina Murthy Abhishekam||Rs. 50/-|
|Unjal Seva||Rs. 116/-|
|Subramanya Swamy Abhishekam||Rs. 50/-|
|Rudra Abhishekam||Rs. 50/-|
|Nithya Abhishekam||Rs. 542/-|
|Navagraha Archana||Rs. 50/-|
|Sarpadosha Nivarana Pooja||Rs.200/-|
Facilities at Kapilatheertham: Kapila Theertham temple contains both food and drinking water facility.
- Anna Prasadam counter is available at Sri Hygreevar Swamy temple at Thiru Mada Street. Timings for Anna Prasadam are 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM and 5:00 PM to 10:30 PM
- Toilet facility is available outside the Kapileswara Swamy Temple.
- There is 24 hours drinking RO water plant available inside and outside the temple for pilgrims.
- There is also chappal stand for devotees and luggage counter is also available outside the temple.
How to Reach Kapileswara Swamy Temple :
- By Road: There are buses connected from all main cities of Andhra Pradesh to Tirupati. From Tirupati Bus Station, temple is at a distance of 3 KM. There are continuous buses, autos and cabs are available to Kapileswara Swamy temple.
- By Rail: There are many trains available to Tirupati from all main cities of Andhra Pradesh like Nellore, Ongole, Kadapa, Anantapur etc., From Railway Station of Tirupati, Kapileswara swamy temple is at a distance of 4.1 KM.
- By Air: The nearest airport is Tirupati Airport. The Kapila Theertham temple is at a distance of 16.9 KM. From Renigunta airport there are cars available to reach Tirupati or Kapileswara Swamy temple.
Sri Kapileswara Swamy temple,
Kapila Theertham Road, Sivalayam Road
Chittoor District – 517501
Contact Numbers for Sri Kapileswara Swamy temple:
91- 0877-30253 , 09666193982
About Kapila Theertham temple:
This temple was worshipped from several hundreds of years by many kings and others. The Pallava Kings , Tirumala Mahantas, Vijayanagara Kings also worshipped Sri kapileswara Swamy temple and helped for the temple development. There are many inscriptions found in the temple belonging to the 10th Century. The Shivaling here present was Swayambhu idol of Lord Shiv formed by the satisfying penance of Kapila Muni.
Places to Visit Near Kapila Theertham
- Tiruchanoor Padmavathi Ammavari temple (Alamelumangapuram)
- ISKCON Lord Krishna Temple, Tirupati
- Tirumala Lord Venkateswara Swamy Temple (Tirumala Balaji)
- Sri Veda Narayana Swamy temple
- Srinivasa Mangapuram Venkateswara Swamy temple
- Narayanavanam Sri Kalyana Venkateswara swamy temple
- Sri Kodanda Rama Swamy Temple, Tirupati
- Is there any dress code at Kapilateertham temple?
Traditional wear is only allowed inside the temple For Men Pant & Shirt, Dhoti or panache and pyjama or Shirt. For Women, Saree or Half saree or Chudidar with dupatta, Night dress & Shorts are not allowed for darshan.
- Which is the nearest Airport to Kapila teertham?
The nearest Airport to Kapilateertham is TirupatiAirport (Renigunta) at a distance of 16.9 KM